Our 5 Day in-school residencies are designed to engage Middle school students in a deeper and more meaningful way through the magic of songwriting.
STYLE is a wonderful way to spark interest in reading and literature through the magic of music. STYLE Teaching Artists can deliver a 5 Day in-school residency or a power packed 50-minute assembly that will result in an original song inspired by a popular book. The song co-written by your students and the Teaching Artist, will be available online to cherish for years to come. STYLE builds in learning from the Common Core State Standards and 21st Century Skills connecting reading, writing and music while inspiring communication and collaboration to make the programs both educational and fun!
What will students gain from this experience?
STYLE Teaching Artists come into your school and work with your students to write music inspired by the reading that is already part of their class’ curriculum.
- An exciting experience with professional musicians.
- A closer look at the world of creating music and art.
- A deeper and more personal understanding of the source material.
- A collaborative opportunity for students to create something new and exciting!
- A recording of the song co-written by the students and Teaching Artist