Sound FX and technology
Let’s collaborate together through the inspiration of books!
45-60 min single class (Grades 1-8)
STYLE assists students in exploring the sounds inside of movies, TV and video games. We will explore sound FX, dialogue and soundtracks. Through videos of the nature that surrounds the city, we will bring technology to the forefront as we discuss the science of sound, the creativity behind Foley artists, the magic of how music changes movies and the dialogue needed to communicate what is on screen.
Sound FX and technology Includes:
- STYLE teaching artist(s)
- Videos of the nature that surrounds Seattle
- Cross-curricular lessons that combine Science, ELA and technology.
- Discussions surrounding the images on the screen and the technology behind creating sounds
- Webpage for each class
- Creation of original movie clip in collaboration with Teaching Artist and students
- Recording of each class’s creation (Mp3 download or email)