Hybrid Program with both In-Person and Virtual elements
STYLE will take students on a journey from finding inspiration in a book, guiding them through literary analysis and reflection, facilitating a collaborative songwriting process, and culminating with a recording of the students’ creations. This program would include both Video/Zoom elements as well as in-person learning. Students will build a deeper personal and critical understanding of a book through collaboration with their peers in this creative, project-based learning experience. Each class will work with professional songwriters and musicians and producers to complete this impactful project.
The Five Day Residency Program Includes:
- STYLE teaching artist(s)
- Performance of songs inspired by the book for each class
- Cross-curricular lessons in ELA critical thinking and musical concepts
- Video/ZOOM lessons for each class.
- Extended in-class songwriting sessions for a number of classes
- Password protected webpage for each class (Password on Request)
- Professionally produced instrumental track guided by the students
- Recording of each class’s creation (Mp3 download available on request)