Sound FX/Foley and Storytelling through Sound
Sound FX/Foley comprises of the sounds we hear in movies, television, video games, live theater and radio. Sound effects and music are one of the final pieces that color these visual arts. Students will learn the art of guiding the human ear through what the eyes see on the screen or on the stage. Sounds can dramatically change the perspective of the audience. They will engage in creating a video, and will create the sound effects that accompany the video. Each class will have their own web page to view and enjoy their collaboration.
The Sound FX Program Includes:
- STYLE teaching artist(s)
- Video recording equipment and editing tools
- Professional mobile recording studio brought to your school (if the restrictions/situation allow)
- Full sound stage brought to your school (if the restrictions/situation allow)
- Password protected webpage for each class
- Access to view the final video on each class’s STYLE webpage
- Learning about the sound science concepts
- Learning about perspective and point of view.