STYLE loves performing for large groups of students. An even more impacting experience can be with a smaller group in the classroom. With the Assembly Plus program, a full STYLE band of teaching artists, engineers, and producers will deliver an energetic assembly, performing songs inspired by books in a range of musical genres from hip hop and rock to folk and pop. After the assembly, the STYLE staff will bring our songwriting workshop into classrooms for a number of grade-level sessions. This gives students the opportunity for a more in-depth songwriting experience with our diverse crew of professional teaching artists, making a lasting connection to the books they are reading in their classrooms.
The Assembly Plus Program Includes:
- STYLE Band and Teaching Artist Team delivering an engaging, high-impact assembly
- Cross-curricular lessons in ELA critical thinking and musical concepts
- Songwriting sessions for a number of classes
- Password protected webpage for the school and each session group
- Recording of assembly song creation (Mp3 download made available on the school’s STYLE webpage)
- Recording of each class’s creation (Mp3 download made available on STYLE session group webpages)