Weekly Music and ELA Program
Over 10 – 12 sessions, STYLE will take students on a journey through books, music education, songwriting, movement and performance. With students Grades 1 – 5, students will build a deeper personal and critical understanding of a book through collaboration with their peers in this creative, project-based learning experience. Each class will work with professional songwriters, musicians, dancers, producers, and studio engineers to complete this impactful project.
We follow the Common Core State Standards and 21st Century Skills.
Weekly Music and ELA Program Includes:
- STYLE teaching artist(s) over 10-12 sessions (once per week)
- Performance of songs inspired by books for each class
- Cross-curricular lessons in ELA critical thinking and musical concepts
- General Music education appropriate for grade level expectations
- Follows Common Core State Standards in ELA and Music
- Extended in-class songwriting sessions for classes
- Password protected web page for each class
- Professionally produced instrumental track guided by the students
- Professional mobile recording studio brought to your school
- Recording of each class’s creation (Mp3 made available on each class’s web page)
- Professional Choreographer to create unique dance for each class